Thinking of making changes to your schedule?
Keep in mind these important considerations:
- Degree and admission timeline for your major. Meet with your advisor to discuss the impact of adds and drops on your academic progress.
- Add / drop deadlines. See the Official IU Calendar to find out when a grade of W starts and when the Auto-W deadline is for each academic session. Watch this video for a tutorial on how to find drop deadlines for each of your classes.
- Financial aid. Will a dropped class or W grade cause you to lose financial aid? Contact Student Central on Union to find out.
- Visa status. International students should learn about enrollment requirements for their visa and consult with the Office of International Services when considering schedule changes.
- Full time status. Do you need to stay full time for athletics? Scholarships? Visa status? Or your parent's insurance? See instructions below on finding open 2nd-8-week classes.
- Important considerations before withdrawing. Considering withdrawing completely from the university this semester? See the page on withdrawal from all subjects