Important information for exploratory students
With planning, you can begin as Exploratory and graduate in four years. UD advisors can help you choose classes that will allow you to explore your interests while satisfying degree requirements. Follow these steps to prepare for your New Student Orientation (NSO) advising meeting and begin your exploration.
- Use Explore Programs to find majors that interest you and read the program descriptions and recommended first courses. Takes notes about what piques your interest and write down the questions you want to ask your academic advisor during orientation.
- Utilize iGPS Course Search to read course descriptions for the recommended first courses. Make a list of potential courses for your first term.
- Take IUB General Education courses to explore your interests. All students, regardless of major, must complete the IUB GenEd requirements. You may notice some recommended first courses for majors you are exploring will also satisfy IUB GenEd requirements.
- Consider taking one of the Exploratory courses listed below to explore majors and careers.
- ASCS-Q 294 College to Career I: Explore Your Options
- BUS-T 175 Kelley Compass I: The Individual
- INFO-Y 100 Exploring Informatics and Computer Science
If you have any questions before you come to campus, please use your IU email account to contact us at email@example.com.
During orientation advising, let your advisor know that you are Exploratory and be prepared to discuss your interests.