In response to the unfolding situation with COVID-19, all IU Peer Coach Program services have been suspended through the remainder of the semester. There will be no remote services offered during this time. The program will resume operations in Fall 2020.
Connect with us
Wells Library 002 Advising Hours
Summer Office Hours
May 11th - August 21st
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday (Open Virtually)
*Phone-in Advising: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
*Due to the COVID-19 situation, our drop-in advising services have moved to phone-in advising.
Exceptions to Listed Hours
May 25th - Memorial Day
July 3rd - Independence Day (observed)
Peer coaching drop-in hours
About our services
To find out more about services in University Division click the accordions below.
University Division’s professional advisors are available to provide information, support, and advice as you adjust to academic life at IU Bloomington. As a UD student, you are assigned to a specific advisor. If you have your advisor’s name, you can find contact and location information in the Staff Directory.
All UD students are welcome to phone-in and drop-in hours offered at our central Office in OVPUE Herman B Wells Library, 002.
University Division’s administrative staff are here to lead University Division towards its mission and goals. Contact a UD administrator when you need more than standard advising assistance. We’re happy to listen and will do our best to help you!
The IU Peer Coaches work closely with the UD Academic Advisors to assist students in navigating their IU experience. In addition to demonstrating iGPS, the student coaches help other students to access and understand the academic advisement report and schedule builder, and prepare for academic advising sessions. They also help students learn how to get involved and make the most of their time at IU. The Peer Coach Program offers drop-in hours at Maxwell Hall, various Residential Halls, and the Wells Library Learning Commons. To read the IU Peer Coach bios and connect with a specific peer coach, visit the IU Peer Coaches page.
The OVPUE Records Office maintains the official academic records of all University Division students. It also:
- Reviews student records to assign academic status at the end of each term
- Certifies students out of UD and into degree-granting units
- Evaluates Intercampus Transfer applications from IU’s regional campuses to IU Bloomington
- Assists students with grade replacement petitions (Extended-X policy), permission to release academic information to third parties, and changes in academic major
- Processes requests and petitions from former students who wish to return to the Bloomington campus, and petitions from student who must be approved for reinstatement
- Consults with students and advisors regarding student record issues