Scheduling an advising appointment
Making an appointment to see your advisor is easy using the Student Appointment Scheduler. Follow these steps:
- Search for “Student Appointment Scheduler” in One.IU or go directly to the Student Appointment Scheduler task.
- When you sign in, you will see a page that displays your assigned advisor(s), your academic program, and any upcoming appointments.
- To schedule an appointment, click your assigned advisor's name. This will take you to the advisor’s profile.
- Click “Schedule Appointment” to access your advisor’s calendar. A circle on a date means there are available appointments that day. Click the circled date to see open times.
- Once you’ve found a time that works with your schedule, click “Request Appointment.”
- Fill in your current phone number and a reason for scheduling. Click “Submit Request.”
- Done! You can confirm your appointment time by returning to the SAS home screen. You can also cancel or reschedule appointments from that screen.
A confirmation email will be sent to your IU email account after you schedule an appointment. If you schedule at least 48 hours in advance, you will also receive a reminder email the day before your appointment.
If your advisor does not have any available appointments or you’re not sure who your advisor is, call the University Division office at (812) 855-6768 during regular business hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday).