How do I return to IU after a break or dismissal?

If you have attended IU Bloomington in the past as a University Division student and wish to return, complete the Returning Student Application for electronic submission.

If you have been dismissed and you hope to return to IU Bloomington, you may petition for reinstatement. 

Contact the University Division Records Office by phone at (812) 855-7797 or by email at with any questions about either process.

We recommend that you meet with an advisor for academic planning. Email or call (812) 855-6768 to schedule an appointment with an advisor or to talk to an advisor on duty.

Useful Links