What if I am denied admission to my first choice major program?

Consult with your University Division academic advisor as soon as possible to discuss your options, including whether it is possible, or advisable, to re-apply for admission or not. If you need to change your major, your University Division academic advisor can help you determine if and how the courses you have taken will fit into a new program and your career advisor in the Career Development Center can help you find new paths to your career goal. Keep in mind that for most majors it is possible to change in your second year and graduate in four years, but it may take a little more care in your planning. If it is necessary to “catch up”, there are often ways to do this during the summer. 

Related Videos

Useful Links