Late Registration for Continuing Students in University Division
“Late Registration” begins the Friday BEFORE classes begin.
General information on Late Registration:
- If you are a University Division student and have been attending the full semester classes in which you intend to enroll and have the permission of the instructors to do so, you will be able to register for these classes through Friday of the ninth week of classes. (See below for procedural information.)
- Registration after the ninth week of the semester requires permission from an advising director.
- Late registration fees will be assessed beginning on Friday of the week before classes begin.
Late Registration: Beginning the Second Week of Classes
University Division (UD) students who are unable to register by the end of the first week of classes must meet with a UD advisor to be authorized to enroll in classes.
- If you have been attending the classes in which you intend to enroll and have the permission of the instructors, you will receive authorization to enroll in all of those classes.
- If you have not been attending classes, you can be automatically authorized for up to nine (9) credits of second-eight-week classes or non-standard duration classes as long as those classes have not yet begun. However, on a case-by-case basis, advisors may be able to approve additional credit hours.
- Students who must be enrolled in at least 12 credits to remain compliant for scholarships or visas may need to enroll in one of more classes on another campus (eg. IVY TECH).
- IUB housing requires enrollment in at least 12 credits at IU-Bloomington. If a student can secure permission from an instructor to add a full semester class, advisors can authorize enrollment in up to three (3) credits of full- time classes and up to nine (9) credits of second 8-weeks or non-standard duration classes as long as those classes have not yet begun.
After meeting with a UD advisor, students must process anEligible to Register Form (ERF).
- After speaking with a UD advisor, you will need to pick up your individualized Eligible to Register Form (ERF) from the OVPUE Records Office in the Wells Library 002.
- Then, you must get instructor signatures/permissions to enroll on your ERF
- Finally, you must return your (signed) ERF to the OVPUE Records Office in Wells Library 002.
- The OVPUE Records Office will initiate your registration.
- After you have been enrolled through the ERF process, you will be able to add and drop classes using the “Late Drop/Add classes (after 1st week of classes)” link accessible through one.iu. However, you will only be able to add up to the maximum number of credits for which you were authorized.