In addition to managing your coursework successfully, developing habits of professional and personal development should be a priority for you during your college years. We encourage you to enhance your undergraduate degree by participating in activities that provide you with opportunities to apply and extend your knowledge, practice professional skills, and gain experience.
These opportunities can help you develop critically important skills and knowledge that will benefit you as you make future decisions about your education, career and personal life. These benefits include:
- Confidence in setting goals and priorities
- Focused planning and preparation
- Strong research and information-gathering abilities
- Choosing and utilizing appropriate supports and resources
- Effective decision-making
- Developing personal and professional connections with faculty, staff, and peers
University Division provides a structure of support to help you make the most of these new abilities as you build a firm educational experience at IUB, and an academic portfolio, that meets your goals.