change major after my first year

What if I change my major after my first year?

Meet with your academic advisor as soon as possible to discuss options. For most majors, it is possible to change in your second year and graduate in four years, but it may take a little more care in your planning. If it is necessary to “catch up”, there are often ways to do this during the summer. 

You can also use your Academic Advisement Report (AAR) to create a "what-if" scenario to see what requirements you'd still need if you changed your major.