Drop All Classes
Are you a UD student considering departing from IUB before the end of the term?
To withdraw from all subjects means you are choosing to withdraw from IU Bloomington for the current term.
- Before or during the first week of the term you can drop all your classes online using the “Drop or Add Classes through 1st week of classes” link on One.IU Student Center.
- After the first week of classes through the last day of semester classes (the Friday before finals week), you will need to meet with your University Division academic advisor or come to the University Division Advising Office in Maxwell Hall 101 during normal business hours to process a Withdrawal From All Subjects.
Please note the following exceptions:
- International students must go to the Office of International Services in Poplars 221 to complete the Withdrawal From All Subjects form.
- To drop all classes for military obligations, please go to the Office of Veteran Support Services to complete the Withdrawal From All Subjects form.
- Non-UD Students must go to the Student Advocates Office to complete the Withdrawal From All Subjects form
Withdrawal From All Subjects Procedures
To withdraw from all subjects after the first week of classes through the last day of semester classes (the Friday before finals week), you will need to meet with your University Division academic advisor or come to the University Division Advising Office in Maxwell Hall 101 during normal business hours.
Note the following exceptions:
- International students must go to the Office of International Services in Poplars 221.
- To drop all classes for military obligations, please go to the Office of Veteran Support Services.
- Non-UD Students must go to the Student Advocates Office.
- If a student is not in Bloomington or physically incapacitated, such as in the case of a health issue, you may complete a Withdrawal Form all Subjects via Fax or Email. To find out more, go to Procedure if Incapacitated or not in Bloomington
If the exceptions do not apply to you, you will complete University Division’s Withdrawal From All Subjects form (accessible only to UD staff) with your advisor:
Other Important Information
If you completed a 1st 8 weeks course and received a grade, that grade will remain on your transcript as recorded and you will only be eligible for W's in any courses currently in-progress. If you want to petition a grade change for a course in which you have already received a grade, please go to the Student Advocates Office.
Generally, Residential Programs and Services (RPS) expects students to remain enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours to be eligible for on-campus housing and to move out within 24 to 48 hours of completing a Withdraw From All Subjects form. If you live in a residence hall or in apartment housing, contact your Residence Manager to learn about your housing options. Contact the RPS Assignments Office or Apartment Assignment Office to cancel housing and meal contracts.
If you receive any type of financial aid (loans, grants, work study, scholarships, etc.), you should contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance to learn about ending aid, delaying aid, transferring aid, repaying aid, or future eligibility for aid.
If you withdraw from all subjects within a refund period, you may expect your refund to be credited to your account or mailed to your permanent address within four to six weeks. For questions, contact the Office of the Bursar. If you wish to petition for a post-deadline refund, you may complete and submit the Fee Policy Appeal Form. There is no fee to withdraw from all subjects.
If you do not enroll for more than one term, all your accounts will be disabled sometime in the next term. Contact University Information Technology Services (UITS) for details. You may reactivate your accounts after you enroll again in a future term.
You do not give up your admission to Indiana University Bloomington or your eligibility to enroll in any future terms. You may need to reactivate your record to be assigned an Enrollment Appointment for the next term you plan to take classes.
- If you plan to enroll for next term, you can plan to register for classes as usual. An enrollment appointment will be posted at about mid-semester in your Student Center in One.IU.
- If you take more than the current term off, your records will go to an inactive status and no future enrollment appointment will be set for you. When you choose to return, complete the Returning Students Form to reactivate your record. Contact University Division Records if you have any questions.
Please feel free to remain in contact with your assigned University Division (or University Division-Affiliated) academic advisor. You may also contact UD Academic Advising at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 855-6768.
Some holds can restrict services or prevent you from enrolling for classes. Check your Student Center in One.IU, in the box at the right of the screen, labeled “Holds.” Click on the details of each hold to learn which office placed the hold, and how to contact that office to have the hold removed from your record. It will be easier to take care of these now.
Procedure if Incapacitated or not in Bloomington
Faxing or emailing a Withdrawal From All Subjects form is only an option if a student is not in Bloomington or is physically incapacitated.
If you have questions about submitting a withdrawal From All Subject form by fax or email, call (812)855-6768 to talk to an advisor. Please note the following exceptions:
- International students must contact the Office of International Services.
- To withdraw from all subjects for military obligations, contact the Office of Veteran Support Services.
Please note the deadline to withdraw from all subjects is the last day for classes (the Friday before Final Exam Week)
To submit an electronic Withdrawal From All Subjects form, please follow the instructions below:
- Print and fill out the “Electronic Withdraw from All Subjects” form
- To submit the form by email: scan the form after signing it, attach it to an email, and send to email@example.com
To FAX the form: Send to (812)855-7623 Attention: Jelita Wilcoxen (Withdrawal From All Subjects)
- Check your email within a few days of submitting your form. An Exit Survey will be sent to you and we would appreciate your responses.