If you are planning for a major in the College of Arts and Sciences consider taking any of the following courses:
- ENG-W 131 English Composition, ENG-W 170 Projects in Reading and Writing, or CMLT-C 110 Writing the World
- MATH-M 119 or M211 Calculus
- MATH-M 118 Finite or S118 (honors)
- Or placement level math course
Public Oral Communication (POC)
- COLL-P 155 Public Oral Communication. To find a description of the course and requirement, go to Public Oral Communication.
Critical Approaches to the Arts and Sciences (CAPP)
- COLL-C 103, 104 or 105 Critical Approaches to the Arts and Sciences. To find a list of possible courses options go to the Critical Approaches Course Descriptions page.
- Go to the World Languages list to find a list of possible course options
Breadth of Inquiry
- Follow the IUB General Education requirements for A&H, S&H or N&M course options
- For additional options you may also view the CASE A&H,S&H or N&M course lists.
- See the Culture Studies: Diversity in the US or the Culture Studies: Global Civilizations and Cultures lists for options
- Choose any first courses suggested by your major of interest. See the list of majors to find the first courses recommended for your major